APPLIES TO: This wiring diagram applies to the following vehicles:
- 1996 1.5L Mazda Protege (With California Emissions).
How can you tell you if your 1.5L Mazda Protege has California Emissions? Two ways:
- The California Emissions distributor has two electrical connectors. One has with 6 pins (terminals/wires). The other has with 3 pins (terminals/wires).
- The vehicle emissions label will indicate the vehicle conforms to U.S. EPA regulations and California regulations.
The wiring diagram includes the following circuits:
- Ignition coil.
- Ignition control module.
- Camshaft position (CMP) sensor.
- Crankshaft position (CKP) sensor.
RELATED WIRING DIAGRAMS:
- Ignition System Wiring Diagram (1995 1.5L Mazda Protege).
- Ignition System Wiring Diagram (1996 1.5L Mazda Protege -Federal Emissions).
- Ignition System Wiring Diagram (1997-1998 1.5L Mazda Protege).
More 1.5L Mazda Protege Tutorials
You can find a complete list of 1.5L Mazda Protege wiring diagrams and diagnostic tutorials in this index:
Here's a small sample of the tutorials you'll find in the index:
- P0122 -What Does It Mean? (1996-1998 1.5L Mazda Protege).
- P0123 -What Does It Mean? (1996-1998 1.5L Mazda Protege).
- How To Test The TPS (1996-1998 1.5L Mazda Protege).
If this info saved the day, buy me a beer!