APPLIES TO: This CKP sensor circuit wiring diagram applies to the following vehicles:
- 1993, 1994, 1995 4.0L Jeep Grand Cherokee.
The crankshaft position sensor gets power from the powertrain control module (PCM) thru' the WHT/BLK (white with black stripe) wire. This power is in the form of 8 Volts DC.
The WHT/BLK wire also feeds the camshaft position (CMP) sensor and the vehicle speed sensor (VSS) with 8 Volts DC.
The BLK/LT BLU wire feeds Ground (from the PCM) to several sensors (including the crankshaft position sensor).
RELATED WIRING DIAGRAMS:
- CMP Sensor Wiring Diagram (1993-1995 4.0L Jeep Grand Cherokee).
- Ignition System Wiring Diagram (1993-1995 4.0L Jeep Grand Cherokee).
Where To Buy The Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor And Save
The best place to comparison shop and get an idea of how much your Grand Cherokee's crankshaft position sensors costs (and how much you can save) is here:
Not sure if the above crankshaft position sensor fits your particular Jeep Grand Cherokee? Don't worry, once you get to the site, they'll make sure it fits by asking you the particulars of your vehicle. If it doesn't fit, they'll find you the right one.
More Jeep 4.0L Wiring Diagrams And Diagnostic Test Tutorials
You can find a complete list of wiring diagrams and diagnostic test tutorials here:
Here's a sample of the tutorials you'll find there:
- How To Test Trouble Code P0135 (1996-2000 Jeep 4.0L).
- How To Test The MAP Sensor (1997-2003 Jeep 4.0L).
- How To Do A Cylinder Balance Test (Jeep 4.0L).
- Jeep PWM Fan Relay Test Troubleshooting An Overheating Condition.
- How To Test The Crankshaft Position Sensor (1994-1996 4.0L Jeep).
If this info saved the day, buy me a beer!