APPLIES TO: This simplified alternator circuit wiring diagram applies to the following vehicles:
- 1998-2001 4.0L V6 Ford Explorer.
- 1998-2001 4.0L V6 Mercury Mountaineer.
You can find the alternator test explained in this tutorial:
RELATED WIRING DIAGRAMS:
More 4.0L Ford Explorer And Mercury Mountaineer Tutorials
You can find more 4.0L V6 Ford Explorer diagnostic tutorials here:
Here's a sample of the tutorials you'll find in the index:
- How To Test For A Blown Head Gasket (Ford 4.0L Explorer, Aerostar And Mercury Mountaineer).
- How To Test The Fuel Pump (Ford 4.0L Explorer, Aerostar And Mercury Mountaineer).
- How To Test Engine Compression (1991-2010 4.0L Ford Explorer, Aerostar, And Mercury Mountaineer).
If this info saved the day, buy me a beer!