MAP Sensor Wiring Diagram
NOTE: The manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor wiring diagrams and info in this page apply only to 1996, 1997, 1998 1.6L Honda Civic.
The MAP sensor on your Civic can be tested with just a multimeter (no scan tool required). The following tutorial will help you with the test procedure on a step-by-step manner:
Where To Buy The MAP Sensor And Save
You can buy the MAP sensor for your Honda Civic in just about any auto parts store but you'll spend a whole lot more because they mark it up quite a bit.
My suggestion is to buy it online or at least comparison shop to get an idea of how much it costs and how much you can save.
The following links:
Not sure if the above manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor fits your particular Honda Civic? Don't worry, once you get to the site, they'll make sure it fits by asking you the particulars of your vehicle. If it doesn't fit, they'll find you the right one.
More 1.6L Civic Tutorials
You can find a complete list of tutorials in this index: Honda 1.6L Index Of Articles.
Here's a small sample of the 1.6L Honda Civic tutorials you'll find in the index:
- Testing Shift Control Solenoid Valves A and B (1996-2000 1.6L Honda Civic).
- How To Test The Alternator (1996-2000 1.6L Honda Civic).
- How To Test: Lock-up Control Solenoid Valves (1996-2000 1.6L Honda Civic).
- How To Test Trouble Code P0135 (1995-2000 Honda 1.6L).
- How To Test The Igniter, Ignition Coil Accord, Civic, CRV, and Odyssey (at:easyautodiagnostics.com).