Symptoms Of A Bad Alternator
The most common symptom of a bad alternator are:
The Charge Light (also known as the Battery Light) will be shining nice and bright on your instrument cluster.
Whenever you turn on the headlights (night driving), they glow very dim.
The car won't crank, but when someone helps you to jump start it, your Honda vehicle easily starts.
You have to constantly charge the battery or get jump starts after which the vehicle only runs for a few minutes and stalls.
Related Test Articles
Honda vehicles are some of the easiest vehicles to work on, I know, my brother has owned one since 1991 (with 300,000 miles on the original engine and transaxle and still running great!) and I've worked on it quite a bit (in all fairness it's all been mostly maintenance) and not to mention that I also work on them as a professional automotive repair technician. If you want to see/read some of the other articles I've written about these cars in this web site, you can click here: 2.2L, 2.3L Index of Honda Test Articles.
Here's a sample of the articles you'll find in the index of tutorials:
- How To Troubleshoot A No Start (Honda 2.2L, 2.3L).
- How To Test The Starter -Step By Step (Honda 2.2L, 2.3L).
- How To Test A Misfire Condition (Honda 2.2L, 2.3L).
- How To Test For A Broken Timing Belt (Honda 2.2L, 2.3L).
- How To Test The Ignition System -Honda 2.2 and 2.3L 4 cylinder engines (at: easyautodiagnostics.com).
If this info saved the day, buy me a beer!