Solenoids Are Good But Transmission Still Not Shifting
If you've tested and found either solenoid (shift solenoid B or shift solenoid C) good and your Honda's transmission isn't slipping... yet a P0758: Shift Solenoid B Electrical and P0763: Shift Solenoid C Electrical keeps popping up, I would suggest that you:
- Check the continuity of circuit #2 between the shift solenoid in question and the PCM with a multimeter.
- Check the continuity of circuit #1 between the shift solenoid in question and chassis ground.
The above two test will help you eliminate a possible ‘open’ in the wiring between the shift solenoid and the PCM (circuit #2) and between the shift solenoid and chassis ground (circuit #1). To be able to do this, you'll need a wiring diagram of your specific Honda.
If after testing the wiring and you find no faults, then there's a good chance that you'll have to replace the shift solenoid in question to see if replacing it solves the problem. I know this isn't something you want to hear, but in some cases there's just no other way to troubleshoot the issue (I speak from personal experience and from comments other readers have sent in).
If after testing the solenoid, its related wiring, and/or replacing the shift solenoid and the problem still persists... then you either have a bad transmission (internal mechanical/hydraulic problem) or the PCM is bad. Before you run out and buy a PCM, let me tell you that it's very, very rare for a PCM to go bad and keep the transmission from shifting (it does happen but you're more likely to get hit by lightening that have this happen to you).
Now, if your Honda's transmission is slipping, then replacing the the shift solenoid in question isn't gonna' help bring the transmission back to normal. Slippage is a direct result of internal damage to the friction discs or hard parts. The only way to solve a slippage issue is overhauling the transmission.
More Honda Accord Tutorials
You can find a pretty big list of Honda Accord tutorials in this index: Honda 2.2L, 2.3L Index of Articles.
Here's a small sample of the tutorials you'll find in the index:
- How To Test: TCC Solenoid And Shift Solenoid A (Honda 2.2L, 2.3L).
- How To Test The Radiator Fan Motor (Honda 2.2L, 2.3L).
- How To Avoid A Blown Head Gasket (Honda 2.2L, 2.3L).
- How To Test For A Blown Head Gasket (Honda 2.2L, 2.3L).
- How To Test For A Broken Timing Belt (Honda 2.2L, 2.3L).
- How To Test The Igniter, Ignition Coil Accord, Civic, CRV, and Odyssey (at: easyautodiagnostics.com).