...Continued from the previous page.
The Actron CP7838 Professional Fuel Pressure Tester is not a professional technician level fuel pressure gauge... although the name used by Actron to describe it has the word ‘professional’ as part of its name. Fact of the matter is that you're not going to find this fuel pressure gauge set in a professional technician's tool box.
Now, this doesn't mean that it doesn't work. I have one (I also have a professional level grade fuel pressure gauge set) and I have used it in a regular manner and I can tell you that it works. The only things I don't like about it is 1.) No molded case to put the fuel pressure gauge and the fittings that go with it and 2.) You can't buy the fittings, that you may lose or break, separately. But for the price... it's a great deal.
Also, with this fuel pressure gauge, you'll be able to test most of the GM vehicles, among several makes... although this is not that important if you are driving a Ford (or a Mercury or a Lincoln).
The OTC 6550 Master Fuel Injection Kit will have the adaptors for Asian and Domestic (USA) vehicles. So, if you work on cars for a living and you work on a variety of makes and models, this is the fuel pressure gauge set that you need to have in your tool box.
Since this fuel pressure gauge set is a professional grade technician tool, you can buy most of the components, that make up the set, separately. This comes in handy, because you're able to buy whatever fitting you lose or gets damaged. Also, and probably the last consideration, is that this is an OTC tool, and OTC has been around for a long, long time... and makes a ton of automotive specialty tools known for quality.
Related Test Articles
It's my mission to give you real world ‘How to Test’ articles to help you to really test this or that on your 4.6L and 5.4L V8 Ford vehicle... so I've written several articles that may be of interest to you. You can find them here: Ford 4.6L, 5.4L Index of Articles.
Here's a sample of the tutorials you'll find in the index:
- Troubleshooting P0172 and P0175 (Ford 4.6L, 5.4L).
- How to Test the Blower Motor (Ford 4.6L, 5.4L).
- How Can I Tell What's Wrong with my Transmission? (Ford 4.6L, 5.4L).
- How to Test Ford Coil-on-Plug Ignition Coils 4.6L and 5.4L V8 Engines (at: easyautodiagnostics.com).
- How to Test the Throttle Position Sensor Ford, Mercury, Lincoln 4.6L and 5.4L Engines (at: easyautodiagnostics.com).
- How to Test the FORD MAF 4.2L, 4.6L, 5.4L Round Air Filter Canister Assembly MAF Sensor (at: easyautodiagnostics.com).
- How to Test Ford MAF Sensors Using a Multimeter (at: easyautodiagnostics.com).